1962 Amphicar 770
2-Door Car Boat
Designed by Hanns Trippel and manufactured by the German Quandt Group, fewer than 4,000 Amphicars were produced from 1961 to 1968, making this a rare find for automobile aficionados. The Amphicar features a rear-mounted engine that drives the rear wheels on dry land and the reversible propellers at sea. It also features boat lights on the rear of the car and a horn on the front hood. The Amphicar is quite the adventurer, having crossed the English Channel in 1968, and navigating the Yukon River in Alaska in 1965.
- Extremely rare and hard to find Amphicar 770.
- Powered by the Triumph Herald based 1200cc 4-Cylinder
- Finished in Show Quality Regatta Red
- Recently Completed Meticulous Restoration, All New Old Stock Parts Were Sourced
- This Amphicar starts, runs and drives wonderful.
- VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): 101611
- You’ve seen the pictures and heard the stories, but here is your chance to put one in your garage…or your in lake!
- 4-Speed Manual Transmission
- White Vinyl Interior Shows Beautifully
- 7mph in the Water and 70mph on land hence the 770 model designation
- Don’t miss this opportunity to own one of the nicest Amphicar’s available on the market today.